Tuesday, April 20, 2010

HBO Party in Paradise Trip to the Dominican Republic!

In July 2009 I was notified that I was a winner in the Honey Bunches of Oats Party in Paradise Sweepstakes. I was stunned and overjoyed! They selected 100 winners who could each bring a guest - so there will be 200 people there as the guests of Honey Bunches of Oats. Wow! Beyond not being able to get over the fact that I won, the idea of going somewhere so exotic seems very unreal. I hope I can get my head around it once I get there. To be exact, our trip is to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and we are staying at the all inclusive Dreams Resort. When they say all inclusive, they mean it. It includes all meals, activities, snacks, shows, gratuities, etc.
The timing for this trip is perfect. We will be celebrating Neal's 55th birthday as well as our 30th wedding anniversary while we are there. Both reasons to celebrate, and what better place than this!

I am a little anxious about flying and we have several connections which makes it even more difficult for me. They were unable to find Neal and I seats together on the the longest leg of out trip home which will cause me such anxiety that I hope I don't throw up the whole way. I tried to express to the planners the difficulty I have if I'm not next to the person I travel with, but I don't think I was clear enough, or perhaps they just couldn't make it work. I hated to be too pushy or crabby when the poor people were trying to arrange travel for 200 people! We were sitting behind one another, but I went on to the Delta site and was able to get us two isle seats across from each other. That will be better, but I prefer not to be next to anyone but the person I am traveling with. I don't have many anxieties, but this is definitely one of them... I'm hoping that things will work out along the way so we can change seats or something. I'm thinking someone might want to change for an isle seat if they have a middle one. Who knows?

I am off today to get some "daring" crop pants. That is about as much skin as I'm willing to show :) -- I might pick up some sandals as well if I feel extra sassy...

I always feel such anxiety before I travel, but have a blast once I get there, so I'm keeping my eye on the end result today!

No comments:

Post a Comment